Welcome to my website! I am currently in solo practice on the West side of Vancouver, at Fir and 6th Avenue. I share a beautiful North-facing office with my friend and colleague, Mihael Mamaychshvili, shiatsu therapist and healer extraordinaire in a building full of therapists, life coaches and colonic therapists. As of January 2020, I am working alternate Monday afternoon/early evenings 5-8, Fridays 10-2 and Saturdays 10-5. I look forward to working with my patients on creating their best health outcomes in my lovely new space.
I graduated from the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine in 2007 after previously working in counselling and administration for several non-profit organizations, and receiving an Honours BA from McGill University. My unique background has given me the opportunity to meet people from all walks of life and communities, and I believe that everyone can benefit from the healing power of nature.
I also believe that health is a balancing act that changes from day to day. Health arises not just from our genetics, behaviour and habits, but also from our environment and attitudes to life and life events. I approach each person who comes to me as an individual with a “life story” unique to them. I spend time getting to know my patients’ personal and family history, their medical history, their habits and patterns of behaviour, and their current state of health, using interviews, physical exams, and lab testing. I create holistic treatment plans that include dietary suggestions, supplements designed to support the body’s innate healing abilities, physical medicines such as IV therapies or injections, exercise prescriptions, and stress-reduction interventions. I may also write pharmaceutical prescriptions and referrals to other professionals as needed. I am skilled at differential diagnosis and finding the root causes of disease; I am a proactive naturopathic doctor who supports my patients to be their healthiest, happiest selves, now, and in the future.
I have successfully treated many conditions including:
– Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Psoriasis, Polymyalgia Arthritica, MS, and other autoimmune conditions
– Digestive issues such as chronic constipation, IBS, GERD, Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease
– Parkinson’s Disease, Post-Herpetic Neuralgia, Peripheral Neuropathy and other neurological conditions
– Depression and anxiety disorders
– Seasonal allergies, asthma, and eczema
– Liver toxicity, gallstones and Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
– Menstrual irregularities, dysmenorrhea, menopausal symptoms
– Metabolic Syndrome and Type 2 Diabetes
– Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy and other men’s health concerns